Roadmap 🗺️ 🔗︎
New year, new roadmap 🎉
This document outlines some goals, non-goals, and future aspirations for kind as a project.
High level goals for kind include:
- Supporting every possible Kubernetes configuration
- In order to best support offline / hermetic clusters, we will likely not offer many options for CNI etc. out of the box. We may revisit this later.
- Being “production workload ready” - kind is meant to be used:
- for testing Kubernetes itself
- for testing against Kubernetes (EG in CI on Travis, Circle, etc.)
- for “local” clusters on developer machines
- NOT to host workloads serving user traffic etc.
- Replacing Phippy 🦒 – kind isn’t trying to replace all the things and Phippy is awesome ❤️
Longer Term goals include:
- Enabling a suitable local storage provider for testing applications that need persistent storage
- Improving “kind as a library”